Hello Friends! I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately. Well more processing. Thinking about my blog, why I blog, what I want to share. I’ve told you how in the past I’ve felt like I needed to keep things more professional while building my brand, but in an effort to be more candid I want to start sharing more lifestyle things as well. In all my processing, I’ve had so many thoughts swirling around in my head, well words actually. Things I really want to share, and sometimes they don’t always fit into a neat, categorized blog post, or even a blog title for that matter. I know I’ve done round ups in the past on furniture or decor I’m loving for that season, but there are so many things that catch my eye, or that I love during certain seasons, heck even weeks for that matter. So I decided to start rounding up the things I’m currently loving, and share them in one big post. They might include some home decor, some beauty products, a tv show, a magazine article, an outfit, or just an article of clothing. You get the idea! So today I’m kicking things off with my first “Currently Loving” post.
- Porch Decor
With Spring finally on it’s way, my brain starts to switch gears from inside our home to outside. I love sprucing up our porch in the spring and getting it ready to enjoy all summer long. It gets full sun all day, the perfect spot for soaking up some much needed vitamin D. You can see how I decorated our porch last spring HERE.
- These steps
Speaking of our porch, with our bathroom makeover complete (reveal coming at the end of this week!), and my brain now focusing on our outdoor spaces, one of the things I would like to do this spring is transform our porch step into something similar to this one, pictured above. Right now it’s just painted concrete, but I have some big plans brewing for our beloved farmers porch coming soon!
- This ShowA Netflix original series – Grace and Frankie. Seriously, it is such a good laugh, not to mention the ladies gorgeous beach house and beautiful views that are the set back drop. It’s like sitting down with your girlfriends and laughing the night away, without having to get off the couch or your pajamas!
- Dark Painted Ceilings
Are you a fan? I’ve loved them for years actually. And I keep going back to them, so who knows, maybe one of these days I will finally get the courage to test it out in my own home.
- This PodcastI would say I’m fairly new to the podcast scene. Well listening to podcasts that is. I love Jenna, and have been following her for years on Instagram, so during our recent bathroom renovation, I decided to check out her podcast while I grouted our tile for hours upon hours. And boy am I glad I did! There is a variety of topics, from how to grow your brand, how to stay true to yourself while building your business. Inspiring interviews from tons of Girl Bosses, and of course Jenna’s tips for social media and so much more. It was great to just soak in, and take my mind off of the task at hand. I’ll be sharing one of the greatest things I took away from an episode, and how I feel like it was the lifeline I needed to get me back on track in my business soon!
- This BookI recently grabbed a copy of this off of Amazon, and I was SO inspired. Sometimes just seeing someone else express their creativity, even though it’s not the same as mine is even more inspiring. Whether you like to arrange flowers or not, this book covers everything, from what types of flowers to choose, what type of vase, how to make just about any arrangement you see on Pinterest these days, and so many more tips. Not to mention beautiful images! I’m including it in my Mothers Day gift guide this year, because it is just truly beautiful, even if you just admire the pretty pages.
- This LoungerI’ve told you my brain has been on all things outdoors lately. I stumbled upon this beautiful teak “daybed” from Wayfair. I’m dubbing it a lounger though, because it looks like one of those overside chairs instead. I’m still trying to figure out how I can work getting 2 of them into my budget this year, because I can totally envision spending many summer hours in this with a glass of lemonade.
- This JacketI recently purchased one for myself, after being tired of only have my husbands raincoats to choose from, and I have to say it’s probably my new favorite piece! I’ve been wearing it non-stop, and love the simple stripe pattern. Find yours HERE.
So that’s it for now. That’s what has been on my mind, what has caught my eye, and what I’m currently loving as I patiently wait for spring to arrive 🙂
Stay in touch!